My Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Fisk-A-What?

Guess what???
  I am a Fiskateer!

Blinkies

What is a Fiskateer and how did I become one you ask?
A Fiskateer is an ambassador for crafting
and for Fiskars, of course!

One Saturday in May...
I went to a fav LSS 'Crop Girls' because they were having a make n take with  Fiskateers.  
I thought, hmmm, I've heard of Fiskateers before, but what actually is a Fiskateer?  
So I had to go to Crop Girls to check it out.  
Well I met these fun gals, 
Tami Bayer
(who happens to one of the four Lead Fiskateers) and 
Sandy
(a Fiskateer in Arizona and I think she has been one for many years).

They were both helping out with the awesome card that we all made (Tami's creation)
(and during this time, I realized that I had never used a Fiskars punch...can you believe that)?  
You know the Fiskars brand, so I'm sure I don't have to say anything more.

Here is the card that we made, using this fabulous 
Fiskars Easy Squeeze Postage Stamp Punch 
along with the Postage Stamp Border Punch...
isn't this card absolutely cute?!!!
  
We also used Jillibean papers and Fiskars Fresh Fruit Simple Stick Stamps, along with some twine and a white gel pen.  Oh, and inside is the cutest sentiment with a frame (sorry I didn't take a photo)!   

The Fiskateers were so nice and invited us to check out the
Fiskateers blog and site, so you know I did that!
Here's Tami's Fiskateers page on the blog, if you'd like to take a peek
and maybe YOU want to join in and be a Fiskateer too:
and take a look at the calendar, while you are there, you never know when a Fiskateer will be around your area!  
(Also, there is a big event coming up in the Fall and it's happening across the country 
where Fiskateers are going to get together!)

I've already met a few Arizona Fiskateers...how fun is that?!
Just the other day Tami put out a challenge to make a flower rosette like those of a fellow Fiskateer, Dot; 
and Dot made a video tutorial too.  
We are to use Fiskars border punches in this challenge, 
so I chose to use the Postage Stamp Border Punch.
Here is my card with the flower and I also used my
{ippity} The Man stamp set: 
Papers and inks are all SU.

Sorry, this post was so long...I think I talk too much sometimes!

Thank you for coming by and hearing about some new 'fun' I have found.  
Let me know if you have any questions!
Yay, Fiskateers!

 Blinkies 
~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, awesome Jenny. Congrats on being a Fiskateer!!!

lisa a.

Rona said...

Jen these are AWESOME!! I hadn't seen that punch yet - great look!!

farmhouse-story said...

congrats, jen! cute strawberry card, and i LOVE your "man" card! great pleated flower and ribbon:)