My Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

~Join the Whimsy Haven DT to Celebrate a Special Birthday~

It sure is a wonderful day for the Whimsy Haven DT blog hop 'cause we are celebrating someone special!  Who, you ask? SURPRISE...it's LINDSAY's BIRTHDAY on Friday...woohoo...insert 'cheer, clapping, horns'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LINDSAY!

Now, if your last stop was Stephanie, then you are on the right track!  Have you seen all the Whimsy Haven cuteness that Lindsay has put in her store?  Go to Whimsy Haven to take a look...while you're there wish Lindsay a Happy Birthday!

Here's my birthday card to Lindsay, based on the sketch for our first Whimsy Haven Sketch challenge, using the cupckakes from her new 'Sweet Tooth' set. I flipped the sketch, and the cupcakes on the bottom represent the scallops. Lindsay was talking about chocolate cake the other day, so I gave her a variety of cupcakes...chocolate, yellow, pink cherry (you have to look closely), and I certainly put lots of sprinkles :
This is the inside of the card.  I printed out the cupcake in light gray ink, so that I could write over it and leave it in the background:
Here's the first official Whimsy Haven sketch (drawn by Jenny over at Wee Memories...she's so talented!). Won't you celebrate Lindsay's birthday with us by joining in on the sketch challenge? You have until next Monday, Midnight MST to submit your project!



Go to the Whimsy Haven blog and link up your card based on this sketch!  YOU just may be the one to win a $15 store gift certificate!

Oooh, before I forget, I better tell you that the Wednesday LINDSAY BIRTHDAY special is the Sweet Tooth set for $3 ONLY TODAY!  After today, this set will go up to $5, so grab it while you can!  Also, there are two $1 quote stamps...you really should go take a look at the Whimsy Haven blog!

Lindsay, I hope you have the most spectacular birthday on Friday and hope it was a total surprise that we are starting the celebration today!
 
Okay everyone, the next birthday stop is:
 
Thank you so much for helping us celebrate our dear sweet Lindsay's birthday!

12 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Love this sweet cupcake card. Great take on this challenge.

Christi said...

Love that bling on the cupcake frosting. Gorgeous card! smiles...

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

so cute Jen love how you used the images!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Adorable card Jen!!! I love the pink and chocolate!

Anonymous said...

CUTE CARD! ♥ the colors

Lindsay Spencer said...

YA!!!! TOtally surprised! I was on the WH blog going "how do these people know it's my bday?". LOL!! You are all so wonderful!! I LOOOVE the card. I'll take everyone of those cupcakes today. LOL!

Janice M said...

What yummy cupcakes!! Love the color combo!!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this.....GREAT job...the colors are delish!

Julie said...

This is fabulous, love the row of cupcakes!

Amy said...

SHUT UP!! Look at all the sparkle!! Love it!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable! I love how you flipped the sketch! And the pinks and browns are so FABULOUS! :)

Jenny said...

Awesome! LOVE IT!! those look yummy!! :) :) :) :) :)