My Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Austin: National Junior Honor Society and 4.0 GPA!

I am so proud of my son, Austin...he made the 8th grade National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)at his Middle School for the new year in August! He received an invitation to apply for NJHS as he has good grades; and had to submit a completed questionnaire, along with an essay. He then had to interview for it, and it was announced a few days later that he and two of his buddies made it!
I just had to share a picture from their induction ceremony...Austin is on the far right. Starting in Middle School, all kids are required to volunteer in the community and they cannot get paid for it. NJHS is a step up and that means the boys service hours will increase to 12 hours a quarter...48 hours for the next school year! It may not seem like a lot, but with other activities, including baseball, chores, and friends this will be tough, but he will make it work.
From Blogger Pictures

And if that wasn't the best...yesterday was the last day of school...Austin was presented with a 4.0 GPA certificate in his 7th grade assembly! Woohoo, I am soooo proud of him! He told me that he was embarrassed having to leave the seats and go accept this...he was hanging out with his buddies and was the only one in his "group" who received this.
Here's a picture of him with his certificate...thanks for letting me share...it's such a thrill to see what your child can accomplish...I am so proud of him!
From Blogger Pictures

P.S. He told me he'd get a haircut now that school is over...I am so glad, he has so much hair and it's too hot for summer baseball! Haircut here we come...

No comments: